When you become a member of Black Writers Collective, you gain access to a plethora of benefits.
We Help End Isolation
Our legacy of bringing together Black writers online for networking and fellowship is why we were first formed. We give you a convenient space with an easy-to-use mobile app to meet and share insights, experience and dreams with peers—fellow writers who will understand the writing process and keep you inspired.
We Set & Share Monthly Writing Goals
Being with other writers as we set writing goals and work toward achieving them is among the most powerful motivation there is for you to get focused, find the time, and make the work happen.
We Help Hold Each Other Accountable
We Connect You With Talented Editors
There’s so much more, but we’ll let you see for yourself. Join today and be part of our tribe.
In a nutshell, our membership offers you:
- a global community of like-minded creatives who understand your goals as well as your challenges
- virtual meetings with themed discussions, open mic poetry, and prose readings
- writing challenges and sprints
- encouragement and guidance from fellow writers through our daily writing accountability group or coordinating your own accountability partnerships
- access to The Novelists’ Spot, the Short Story Tribe, Erotic Zone, and other critique groups
- access to our digital library of ebooks and audio recordings on topics such as plotting, character development, getting started as a writer, going from self-published to bestseller, pitching your manuscript to editors and agents, and many others
- calls for submissions, manuscripts, speakers, contests, and events plus BWC-sponsored contests
- online webinars and workshops
- book promotional support through our members’ bookshelf
Members will also be able to participate in writers’ events and travel club excursions across the Americas, the Caribbean, and around the globe with fellow writers, such as our upcoming Writeful Places writers retreat and the first Editors Retreat at a luxurious all-inclusive 5-star beachfront resort in June 2022.
Premium benefits to be offered beginning spring 2021 include access to our mentoring and small group programs.